One of the most important factors in the success of a marriage, is the level of effort that is put into it.
The cares of this life, whether it’s our careers, children, or hobbies, can easily steal away precious moments, that we could’ve spent with our spouse.
Marriage is a beautiful thing, but requires much work, and nourishment to sustain. One method to keep the love in marriage going strong, is to continue to date one another.
Dating each other should not have ended when you walked down the aisle, in holy matrimony. That actually should have been the beginning, of many more romantic dates to come.
Keeping things fresh in your marriage, doesn’t have to be a budget killer. We’ve comprised a list of 25 cheap, yet AWESOME date ideas, for you and your spouse to explore. We want you to continue to enjoy each others company, without throwing your finances completely out of whack.
Check out the list below, and allow yourself to think out the box, and keep the fire in your marriage burning strong.
25 Inexpensive Date Night Ideas
1. Rent movies from the library. Your local library is a great resource, in that they have tons of movies available for you to check out completely FREE! This even includes new releases!
2. Have a private book club date night. Select a book to read together, and hold an intimate book club meeting for the two of you, after you’re both done with it.
3. Take $20 and head over to your local Arcade,and just play video games and laugh all night long.
4. Online Deal sites such as Groupon , Living Social, and Amazon Local, always offer discounted opportunities for dinning out, entertainment, spa packages and more.
5. Think about giving your local Museums a visit. Most museums are very inexpensive, to get into. Furthermore, a lot of museums offer free admission days throughout the year.
6. Picnics are a great way to get away for minimal cost, and have a intimate setting that is great for dates. Pack some food up, and head out to the park and talk about your dreams, ambitions, and goals together.
7. Create a wonderful spa night at home.
8. Art galleries offer an out of the box date location, and a chance to experience something out of the ordinary. Not to mention, that lots of local art galleries offer free admission.
9. Bring $10 to the mall, and see who ends up with the most creative and best buy.
10. Go on open house visits together. Scout out some of the affluent neighborhoods around you, and visit open houses in that area. Dream big and dream together.
11. Educate yourselves on a new skill, by watching YouTube tutorials on the topic together.
12. Go to your favorite restaurant for just dessert or appetizers, instead of a whole meal out. You’ll spend less, but it will also give you more time to chat, and catch up on your day together.
13. Be a kid again. Get a board game out, or cards and play the night away. You’ll probably have some great conversations, while playing too.
14. Visit a thrift store, and try to find a vintage item that you can restore together.
15. Volunteer together at a local church, soup kitchen, etc. There is nothing more meaningful than serving those in need. Especially, when you can do it side by side, with the one that you love.
16. Watch your wedding video, or look through your wedding photos and stroll down memory lane.
17. Enjoy coffee together, at a local coffee shop or Starbucks. Sit back, relax and just catch up on each other’s day.
18. Pretend to have your own cooking show together. Go and purchase all the ingredients for a great new dish, and then prepare and cook it.
19. Be a tourist of your own city. Drive to see the sites you’ve heard about, but never taken time to see in your local or neighboring areas. Take pictures, talk to people, and learn some interesting stories about the area.
20. Go on a spare change date. Put all your loose change in a jar, and at the end of each week spend only that amount for your date night.
21. Check the events calendar of your local newspaper. You’ll be able to find tons of free events like art shows, block parties, and festivals that you can go to together.
22. Hit the beach together, and just hang out!
23. Check out www.pickyourown.org ,and search for the area you live in. You’ll get a list of local farms where you can pick your own produce. Spend the day filling a bucket up with strawberries, apples, and all sorts of goodies, to enjoy at home.
24. Have a TV show marathon date. Pick any TV show and get a whole season’s worth of DVDs (or use Netflix, Hulu, etc.), and watch it together!
25. Grab a couple of notebooks and write down all the dreams you hope to accomplish together!