- One had debt and the other did not.
- One made poor money decisions while the other made better money decisions.
- One had a low credit score and the other had a stellar credit score.
We had some very serious issues that we had to face when we made the decision to unite our marriage…
- Do we let our credit scores dictate if we are compatible for marriage?
- How will our previous money habits play a role in our marriage?
- Do we merge our finances together?
- How can we work together to become better at life and win with money?
- Is there any hope for our future?
- What does it feel like when one spouse has zero debt to now having $30,000 in debt?
- Am I a loser because I have now made my debt problems my future spouse’s problems?
- Can I change or is my past really who I am?
- Should I have a secret account just in case our money situation gets worse?
- How will we purchase a home? Do we put it in both of our names and risk having a low interest rate due to the lower credit score?
- Do I have to take full responsibility for our finances simply because I’m better at it?
- When do we start to expand our family?
- Will we have to rely on two incomes to run our home?
- What will our lives look like 5 years from now?
These are all real questions that we asked ourselves before we said “I Do”. With this blog we invite you into our home and personal lives. We will show you just how we climbed our way out of the debt trap not once, but TWICE…TOGETHER. It was not always pretty and glamorous. But, by God’s grace and guidance, we are winning and becoming better stewards over our finances every day.
Talaat is a U.S. Army veteran turned Special Education teacher. He is passionate about his faith in Jesus, his family, and facing challenges head on. His understanding of money handling and management started out slow, which led him to face a consumer debt of around $ 30, 000. However, with the support of Tai his wife the family conquered the mountain of debt and learned many valuable lessons along the way. Talaat has a Master’s Degree in Education Leadership, Master’s Degree in Special Education, and a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Business Administration.
Tai is a passionate Christ follower, proud wife, and mother of three. Compassion, integrity, and serving others are a few of her strengths. However, a bag of peanut M&M’s is her weakness. She is a natural hair enthusiast, and an organizational junkie. Tai has a Bachelors of Science Degree in Finance. Additionally, Tai has held a Series 6, Series 63 and Life & Health Insurance license.
She has spent years in the financial industry, helping people with loans, debt, and money matters. Loaded with experience and skills, she has now taken her knowledge to create this platform HisandHerMoney.com. Talaat, her husband calls her the Chief Operating Officer of the home. You can usually find her giving hugs and kisses to her children, organizing a hall closet or scouting out a great deal!
Read More About Us: