How to Graduate Debt Free
Kristina father’s long and painful battle with brain cancer brought her family to a place of much emotional and financial struggle. As a result during her freshman year in high school, Kristina was told by her mother that she would need to figure how to pay for her college education herself.
She buckled down and gathered a plethora of information on what it takes to win college scholarships, thanks in great part to her mother’s consistent encouragement and her sheer determination. Then with years of tenacity and preparation, she won over $500,000 in scholarships to go to the school of her dreams—debt free!
Kristina Ellis is a national scholar, financial expert and bestselling author of How To Graduate Debt Free. Her list of accolades are many and varied including recognition as a Coca-Cola National Scholar, a Gates Millennium Scholar, and a U.S. Presidential Freedom Scholar. Additionally, she was crowned Miss Indiana Teen USA 2005 and won two Gold Medals in the Junior Olympics for gymnastics.
She has served as a scholarship and financial aid expert for Seventeen magazine, Justine Magazine and Fox News Channel, and she has been featured nationally on ABC Family, CBN, “Katie” and “The 700 Club,” and in Business Insider, New York Post, Your Money and others. Kristina resides with her husband in Nashville, Tennessee. For more information, please visit www.KristinaEllis.com.
What You Will Learn In This Episode
- How she avoided getting student loans and prepared for scholarships instead.
- How she got herself scholarship candidacy despite not being “the perfect student.”
- Some radical solutions to get through college debt free even without winning a full scholarship.
- Common mistakes people make and ending up with massive student loans, and how to address them.
- Her advice for parents and students aspiring for a debt-free college life.
- How to find available scholarships that specifically fits you, and winning it.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- How To Graduate Debt Free – by Kristina Ellis
- Confessions of a Scholarship Winner – by Kristina Ellis
Thank You For Listening!
Thanks for tuning into us on The His & Her Money Show. If you have any comments or questions about today’s episode, please let us know your thoughts in the comment section below. If you’ve enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The His & Her Money Show on iTunes!Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we do read each and every one of them.
Thanks to PolicyGenius.com for sponsoring our podcast. PolicyGenius is the easiest site to shop for term life insurance. You can find the best policy in just 5 minutes!