Marriage and money are two extremely tough subjects to try and join together. With that thought in mind, we decided to dedicate an episode of The His & Her Money Show to helping couples understand how to better communicate about money.
It’s no secret that the topic of money is one of the leading causes of divorce in our country. Due to this fact, it is imperative that we learn how to talk through our finances in such a way, that allows for unity and ones in our marriages.
To help us delve into this discussion, we interviewed Certified Financial Planner Katie Brewer of YourRichestLifePlanning.com. She shares advice for all couples, to help them successfully merge marriage and money once and for all.
Katie Brewer, CFP® is a Dallas, Fort Worth, and online fee-only financial planner with over 11 years of experience. Her passion is helping clients get their financial lives in order to start living their richest lives.
What You Will Learn In This Episode
- The biggest mistakes that couples make in regards to handling their finances.
- The types of financial conversations that couples need to be having.
- Tips for initiating tough money talks with your spouse.
- Strategies to get on the same page financially with your spouse.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Talking About Money With Your Spouse ~ by Katie Brewer
- Money Habitudes
- Money Talks: The Ultimate Couple’s Guide To Communicating About Money ~ by Talaat & Tai McNeely
Thank You For Listening!
Thanks for tuning in to us on The His & Her Money Show. If you have any comments or questions about today’s episode, please let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.
If you’ve enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The The His & Her Money Show on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we do read each and every one of them.