Think you don’t have what it takes to become debt free? Well, think again! Melody paid off 39,000 dollars of debt in just 1 year. With bankruptcy staring her in the face, Melody had a tough decision to make.
She and her husband were fed up with their debt situation and decided to get proactive and do something about it. They made the bold decision to do whatever was necessary to become unburied from their debt. The journey is not over, but it is in full force, and it’s truly inspirational.
Melody is the creator of LiveBrokeOnPurpose.com where she shares practical wisdom on creating a debt-free lifestyle. She also offers Broke on Purpose Consultations as well as an Ebook with Printables that will help you get started on your journey to financial freedom.
What You Will Learn In This Episode
- What led Melody on her journey towards debt freedom.
- Roadblocks that have come up during her journey and how she overcame them.
- Her strategies for paying off so much debt in such a short time period.
- Her tips for people who desire to live a debt free lifestyle.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Every Dollar
- How I Raised My Credit Score By Almost 90 Points in 10 Months
- Girl Get Your Money Straight – Glinda Bridgforth
- The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous, and Broke – by Suze Orman
- The Total Money Makeover – by Dave Ramsey
Thank You For Listening!
Thanks for tuning into us on The His & Her Money Show. If you have any comments or questions about today’s episode, please let us know your thoughts in the comment section below. If you’ve enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The His & Her Money Show on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we do read each and every one of them.
Special thanks to Clearpoint for sponsoring our podcast. Clearpoint Credit Counseling Solutions (CCCS) has been providing consumers with budget, debt, and housing advice for 50 years. Clearpoint’s counselors help consumers identify the causes of their individual financial problems and make a plan to address them.