Everyone has different reasons to start eliminating their debt. Maybe they’re just tired of living the paycheck-to-paycheck grind, or maybe it’s something a bit more pressing, like starting a family. Whatever the reason, it can be an intimidating decision to make, and total debt freedom can look like a far away, distant future. But it doesn’t have to be!
Over here at The His & Her Money Show, we’re always happy to talk with other smart money couples about faith, marriage, and finances. Today we’ve got Jerod and Jessica to share everything they know about debt, and how to destroy it.
Jerod, a recruiter, and Jessica, a stay-at-home mom, are a Christian duo completely devoted to helping others and love to encourage and inspire. Today they have two small kids and are living completely debt free, but that wasn’t always the case. They’re here to do what they do best and tell us all about their personal journey and how they decided to tackle their debt, so anyone listening can too!It's a small chunk of your life and you get big rewards for it.Click To Tweet
When Jerod and Jessica first got married, between the two of them, they already had student loans, car payments, and credit card debt. They spent freely and didn’t put a lot of thought into their growing debt. And then, after the birth of their first child and ensuing medical bills, something changed. They sat down and looked at the numbers and realized that, $80,000 in the hole, it was time to get in the zone and get out of debt. They immediately went on a budget, and with the advice of Dave Ramsey, weekly budget meetings, and various ways to cut costs and bring more money into their family, they pushed through the hard stuff and paid off their debt in just two years!
Check them out on YouTube! | Living Life On A Budget
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- How Jerod and Jessica strengthened their marriage as they worked together through their debt-free journey
- Creating a strategy to eliminate debt as quickly as possible
- Budgeting and picking your priorities
- How to stay on track and not give up on your long-term goal
- How Jerod and Jessica’s faith gave them strength to take on their financial journey
- The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan For Financial Fitness by Dave Ramsey
- Think And Grow Rich: Or Men And Women Who Resent Poverty by Napoleon Hill
- The Blessed Life: Unlocking The Rewards Of Generous Living by Robert Morris
- More Than Enough: The Ten Keys To Changing Your Financial Destiny by Dave Ramsey
- The Circle Maker: Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams And Greatest Fears by Mark Batterson
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!
Thanks for tuning into us on The His & Her Money Show. If you have any comments or questions about today’s episode, please let us know your thoughts in the comment section below. If you’ve enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The His & Her Money Show on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we do read each and every one of them.
Today’s episode is sponsored by our friends at Credit Sesame. Credit is one of the most important things you’ll ever need throughout your entire life, for student loans, cars, houses, personal loans, etc. Credit Sesame gives you a free credit score, and so much more. They also provide you with personalized finance tips and tools updated every month, also for free. Once you sign up for a Credit Sesame membership, you get free identity theft for up to $50,000 as well. Credit Sesame is an absolutely free product and they do not require a credit card. Credit Sesame will open the door to your financial future.