How to Stop Fighting About Money
Money management is almost always a sensitive issue for many couples. Topics such as saving, spending, earning, and debt, are usually left unspoken of until there comes a point where couples are forced to face it. And in many cases, the sub sequential money talk leads to arguments.
Hilary Hendershott is our guest for today’s episode of The His & Her Money Show, and she joins us to talk about why couples have money fights, how to stop it, and how to move forward from it.
Hilary is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) based in California. She shares her own personal story about having the wrong mindset, which lead her to some less than appealing financial results. Turning things around for the better, and equipped with knowledge and research, she came to understand people’s behavior and acquaintance with money.
Hilary is now debt-free and with a thriving business. She currently shares her story and knowledge to help people master their relationship with money. Just like on today’s episode, Hilary explains three steps for couples to follow in order to stop the money fights.
Hilary hosts the podcast Profit Boss Radio. It is a weekly podcast where she shares her knowledge as a certified financial planner, interview financial experts, and showcase other people with their own money stories. To find out more about Hilary Hendershott and what she does, check out her website at Hilary Hendershott Financial.
What You Will Learn In This Episode
- How our money-operating-system affects our behavior with spending and saving money.
- How critical it is to have communication (specifically) about money management as a couple.
- The three-step plan to stop fighting about money.
- Hilary’s realistic advice for people with spouses who may not be equally ardent to pursue financial freedom.
- Hilary’s words of encouragement for couples doubting if they can finally stop the money fights.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- The Money Operating Systems — by Hilary Hendershott
- The Seven Stages of Money Maturity — George Kinder
- Overcoming Underearning — Barbara Stanney
- On My Own Two Feet — Manisha Thakor
Thank You For Listening!
Thanks for tuning into us on The His & Her Money Show. If you have any comments or questions about today’s episode, please let us know your thoughts in the comment section below. If you’ve enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The His & Her Money Show on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we do read each and every one of them.
Special thanks to Clearpoint for sponsoring our podcast. Clearpoint Credit Counseling Solutions (CCCS) has been providing consumers with budget, debt, and housing advice for 50 years. Clearpoint’s counselors help consumers identify the causes of their individual financial problems and make a plan to address them.